ENTRY DEADLINE - JANUARY 31, 2017
2017 SCULPTURE IN THE PARK CALL FOR ENTRIES
SCULPTURE IN THE PARK, heralded as one of the finest outdoor juried exhibitions of three-dimensional artwork in the United States, will be held August 11 – 13, 2017, in Loveland's nationally acclaimed Benson Sculpture Garden. Sponsored by the Loveland High Plains Arts Council (LHPAC), the 34th Annual Show and Sale will host 160 of the most talented sculptors from around the world. Each year, this outstanding exhibit attracts 15,000 – 20,000 art lovers and collectors from across the country. Sales at the show now exceed $1,000,000, with over 80% of the artists selling their work.
Proceeds from the show go toward the purchase of sculpture for the Benson Sculpture Garden’s permanent collection, as well as toward the funding of park improvements and landscaping. To date, 154 pieces of sculpture, valued at over $4 million, grace the grounds of the park. Participating artists in Sculpture in the Park are invited to submit pieces for consideration for purchase.
The 2017 Call for Entries welcomes applications from new and previous exhibiting artists. Sculpture in the Park, the largest outdoor juried sculpture show and sale in the United States, endeavors to diversify and enrich each show by featuring a wide range of artistic expression.
For further information, call Loveland High Plains Arts Council at 970-663-2940.
- The show is open to sculptors working in permanent medium and all work exhibited must be for sale.
- Approximately 160 sculptors will be chosen to participate in Sculpture in the Park.
- A $100 artist fee is due upon acceptance into Sculpture in the Park.
- Entrants must display a minimum of seven and a maximum of nine pieces. One-of- a-kind, non-edition artists will be allowed to bring up to 6 additional pieces (total of 15) which will be held in a storage area.
- LHPAC takes a 33.3% commission on all sales.
- The show provides tents and pedestals and manages all sales.
- LHPAC reserves the right to invite a limited number of artists to participate without having to submit to the jurying process.
- All artists are expected to attend.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SCULPTURE IN THE PARK 2017
- Jan. 31, 2017: Deadline for Call for Entry received.
- Week of Mar. 13, 2017: Notification of acceptance or rejection.
- Aug. 10, 2017: Artist set-up day.
- Aug. 11, 2017: Patron Party.
- Aug. 12-13, 2017: Weekend show open to the general public.
- A $35 nonrefundable application fee applies and can be paid directly through PayPal once all required fields are complete.
- Please submit four digital images of four different pieces of sculpture. The artist's picture or name should not appear in the image.
- Image dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side.
- File format: jpg or jpeg files only and cannot be less than 475 KB and should not exceed 1.4MB.
- Each piece submitted must be finished and have been created within the last three years.
- Submission constitutes agreement by the applicant to conditions specified in the prospectus.
- If accepted, work displayed at the show must be representative of juried work. LHPAC reserves the right to final curatorial decision.
SCULPTURE IN THE PARK 2017 CALL-FOR- ENTRY APPLICATION FORM